Main research directions
The main scientific directions of NEFU are:
1. Investigation of the stability and productivity of the permafrost zone ecosystems in modern conditions; solution of ecological problems of technogenic and anthropogenic impacts on ecosystems; environmental monitoring and forecasting under conditions of intensive industrial development of the Arctic and the North. Development of climatology.
2. The reproduction of the minerals based on integrated geological studies, modern technologies of prospecting and exploration of minerals; multipurpose technology and processing technology of minerals under conditions of permafrost; reduce the risk of technology and to reduce the consequences of natural and human disasters.
3. Paleoecological research. Evaluation of the resource potential of the extinct mammoth’s fauna and the influence of man in the Arctic zone of Yakutia.
4. The study of biodiversity, biological resources and their use of biotechnology. Biochemical and physiological adaptation of living organisms, molecular genetic studies of biological objects in the North.
5. Creation, scrutiny of correctness and numerical implementation of mathematical models of natural and man-made processes in the Arctic and northern regions. Development of mathematical methods and their application in modeling of socio-economic and ecological systems.
6. New efficient building materials and construction. Thermal stability and energy efficiency of buildings in the Arctic and the North. Reliability and safety of building structures and life-support systems of buildings and structures in cold climates. Energy efficiency and alternative energy sources.
7. The development of new materials with special properties: polymers and nanomaterials. Powder metallurgy.
8. Innovative technologies in the transport and road sector with the rational use of local raw materials and energy saving.
9. Development of scientific bases of formation of human health in the North, to create innovative products and diagnostic technologies, treatment and prevention of diseases in the population areas of cold climate. Medical Biophysics.
10. A comprehensive study of the spatial organization of the economy and society in the conditions of implementation of the "Arctic vector" of the North-East of Russia.
11. Research of interdisciplinary problems of the humanities. The preservation and development of culture, languages and literatures of the peoples of the North-East of the Russian Federation. Research in Altaic study (turkology, Mongolian, Korean studies, Japanese studies). Modern technology and communication in a multicultural space. Language, speech, text: cognitive, psycho-linguistic, discursive, and housing research. International Arctic Research.
12. Research and updating of historical and cultural heritage of the peoples of the North-East of Russia. And public-private-legal life support mechanisms of the individual, society and state in the northern territories of the Russian Federation and other Arctic states.
13. Finding main trends and regional disparities of educational development; forecasting the development of teacher education up to 2020; principles of management development of Northeast Russian regional education systems. Improving the propulsion technology of human activity in the North. Actual problems of the individual and society in the cross-cultural aspect.